Религия в США
курсовые работы, английский язык
Объем работы: 34 стр.
Год сдачи: 2006
Стоимость: 1050 руб.
1. Groups of theories on the origin of religion
Groups of theories
Science-based theories of religion
2. Short prehistory of religion in the USA
1. Religious traditions in early America
1.1. About puritans
Major faiths, religious organizations, and denominations
1 .Major faiths
1.1.1. Protestant decline
1.2.1. Trends in the catholic community
1.6.1. John Woolman
2. Religious movements, organizations, and denominations
2.1. Increasing pluralism
2.2. Sects and cults
2.3. Rise of the evangelical movement
2.3.1. Humanism & religion
2.4. The electronic church
3.1. Religious people’s attitudes on moral issues
3.2. Membership of religious bodies, 1983-4
1. Understanding of atheism
1.1. The definition of atheism
1.2. Atheism vs. agnosticism: what is the difference?
1.3. Is atheism a religion?
1.4. Does atheism require faith?
1.5. Are atheists just in denial about God’s existence?
1.6. Why do atheists promote atheism?
2. Atheism & religion
3. Ritual acts focused on sacred objects, places, times
The connection of religion with other spheres of American life
1. Religion and politics
2. Religion and society. Religious holidays
3. Religion and mass media
4. Religion and education
5. American ideals and religion
…I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion – for who can search the human heart? – but I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions.
Alexis de Tocqueville
In most weste
ization has been accompanied by a marked decline in religious observance. America, in contrast, has remained unusually religious. Church buildings representing an astonishing variety of faiths line residential streets, outnumbering even the gas stations. Sunday mo
ing traffic is typically congested as people drive to Sunday School and church. Most bookstores have an entire section of religious books and report a tremendous volume of sales of books about Christianity and Christian living. Bibles continue to be the nations best-selling books.
Religiousness is conspicuous. Billboards, T-shirts, and bumper stickers bear
messages such as "Jesus Saves." There are even tew Disneyland-type tourists parks, such as South Carolinas "Heritage USA," devoted entirely to religious themes. These visible reminders of Americas religious activity are accompanied by impressive statistics:
• More than nine out of ten Americans say they believe in God
• One third claim they are bo
• More than four out of ten attend church or synagogue at least once a week
• Two thirds are members of a local church or synagogue
Interest in religion is high even among young people, whose religious activity has typically been less regular than that of their parents and grandparents. A Gallup poll indicates that young Americans are far more religious than their counterparts in most other countries. About 41 percent of America s young people feel that religion should be "very important" in life, a percentage far greater than in Australia, Britain, France, Japan, Sweden, and West Germany.
Religion in America today is built primarily on the...
1. Г. Д. Томахин. США. Лингвострановедческий словарь. – М., Изд-во
« Русский язык», 2000.
2. Douglas K. Stevenson. American life and institutions.
3. American reader. Edited by J.A. Leo Lemay. – United State information agency, Washington.
4. America in close-up. Eckhard Fiedler, Reimer Jansen, Mil Norman. – risch, Longman.
5. Peter Bromhead. Life in mode
America: new edition, Longman.
После офорления заказа Вам будут доступны содержание, введение, список литературы*
*- если автор дал согласие и выложил это описание.