Контрольная работа по английскому языку вариант 3
контрольные работы, английский язык
Объем работы: 12 стр.
Год сдачи: 2011
Стоимость: 400 руб.
1. Прочтите и устно переведите с 1-го по 4-й абзацы текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2 и 3-й абзацы.
1. What will you find if you go to Australia? It will seem to you rather an upside-down world. New Year is at midsummer, midwinter is in June. Hot winds blow from the north: cold winds blow from the south. The farther north we go, the hotter it gets. The trees look strange; it will seem odd to you that they never lose their leaves, and you will miss the bare branches in winter. Australia is a land of strange birds and beasts such as the kangaroo, koala, echidna, dingo.
2. What about the climate? Australia boast that they can sleep out-of-doors all the year round. The sun shines in winter and in summer. Snow and ice are rare, except in the high mountains. There is not much rain, and drought is a constant anxiety. In bad times, and in the driest parts, many animals may die for want of water.
3. Australia was discovered by the Dutch in 1606, but the continent was not settled till captain Cook discovered the east coast in 1770. When settlement of Australia began in 1788 the continent was inhabited by about 300,000 people, who are now called aborigines. These people generally had black, wavy hair and brown skin. They kept no domestic animals except the dingo and used weapons made of wood and stone. They had no permanent homes but moved about hunting and gathering food.
4. Diseases brought by settlers caused many deaths among the aborigines. Now there are only about 60,000 of them left. Some of them live on mission stations where they are housed and fed. Others are employed as stockmen on the ranches of northe
Australia. Many of them still live a difficult nomadie life in the desert region. The first white settlers were convicts, soldiers, and a few free men from England. In the early years people depended upon farming and sheep raising for a living. Merino sheep were brought to Australia from Africa in 1797. This breed, raised for its highquality...
После офорления заказа Вам будут доступны содержание, введение, список литературы*
*- если автор дал согласие и выложил это описание.