Особенности развития компьютерной терминологии в английском языке
дипломные работы, лингвистика
Объем работы: 75 стр.
Год сдачи: 2014
Стоимость: 2000 руб.
CHAPTER 1 6
THE DEVELOPMENT OF COMPUTER TERMINOLOGY 6
1.1 Computer terminological system as an object of linguistic research 6
1.2 The origin of English computer terminology 13
CHAPTER 2 23
LEXICAL AND SEMANTIC ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH COMPUTER TERMINOLOGY 23
2.1 Analysis of the lexical structure of computer terminology 23
2.2 Semantic analysis of English computer terminology 41
2.3 Metaphorization as a way of computer terminology formation 45
CHAPTER 3 52
THE PROBLEMS OF COMPUTER TERMINOLOGY TRANSLATION 52
3.1 General characteristics of methods and ways of English-Russian translation 52
3.2 Peculiarities in the process of English-Russian translation of computer terminology 56
3.3 Practical study of methods and ways of English-Russian computer terminology translation 60
LIST OF REFERENCE SOURСES 70
Theoretical developments were started in the 30s of XX century by Americans and, consequently, the United States can be considered the "birthplace" of computer technology and terminology. In the middle of the twentieth century, humanity has entered a new stage of scientific and technological progress, which is called the information revolution. Nearly the all computer lexicon is historically linked to the English-speaking countries. The first electronic digital computer, called the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), was invented in February 15, 1946 by the scientists at Pennsylvania State University USA. This invention was a starting point of the computer era.
The rapid development of computer technology is the reason for the rapid emergence of new words in the computer terminology. Another sphere of human activity, which would have developed so rapidly and dramatically as the computerization of society can hardly be called. Computer, telecommunication as well as digital audio and video technology become more and more embedded in our lives. Looking at numerous jou
als which highlight the novelties of the market of computer technology it becomes clear that more or less significant developments are almost every week. Every new development in this area should receive a verbal nomination in the process of technological revolution. Naturally, a lot of words related with computerization were added to the English language system.
The rationale of this research is caused by the necessity of identification of patte
s and characteristics of computer terminology. The diploma paper presents lexical and semantic analysis as well as the practical study of methods and ways in the translation of English computer terminology into Russian.
The books and articles of the following mode
scientists in the field of terminology (A. Rybakova, S. Vidisheva, I. Komleva, A. Vyhrystyuk, O. Tyshchenko, M. Gotti, H. Felber and others) constitute the theoretical basis...
The purpose of the current study was to research structural, semantic and translational aspects in the study of English computer terminology. This research extends our knowledge of computer terminology.
To achieve the aim, a number of objectives were raised by us in the beginning of the research. By the following stated objectives, a comprehensive study of English computer terminology was conducted.
The following conclusions can be drawn from the present study:
1) English computer terminology system was the object of Russian and foreign scientists’ linguistic research. Its study still remains relevant because of constant replenishment of new computer terminological units as a result of the dynamic development of the computer industry.
2) Computer terminological layer is represented by terms of Latin and Greek, French and English, Russian and even Sanskrit origins what is due to the history of England and the process of foreign words borrowing.
3) The development of English computer terminology accompanies the development of computer science and includes lexis from the different scientific and art disciplines. The existence of a large number of terms related to scientific and artistic disciplines has its extralinguistic conditioning in computer terminological system.
4) Computer terminological system is represented by computer terms, among which can be found computer professionalisms, jargon and slang words. Our study focuses on all these kinds of computer lexicon because eventually slang, jargon and professionalisms become the property of a wide range of computer users and consequently become an integral part of the computer terminological system. In the current research the special attention was paid to smileys and emoticons as a nonverbal kind of computer slang expressing human emotions in writing.
5) The investigation of the computer terminology morphological structure has shown that 600 research data are represented by simple words (28 %), complex...
После офорления заказа Вам будут доступны содержание, введение, список литературы*
*- если автор дал согласие и выложил это описание.